Tai Chi classes for Veterans
As a VA CCN provider, TaijiFit™ is committed to serving Veterans by
providing them with exceptional assistance and support.
STEPS FOR BEGINNING YOUR TAI CHI JOURNEY....
1. Request an appointment with your VA Primary Care Physician, you can request a face-to-face, video, or telephone appointment with PCP via https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home
2. Requests a Tai Chi Community Consult. If you choose me, give them the following information: Jason Ames of Maine Center for Tai Chi, NPI #1194371369 phone #207-780-9581.
If no provider is specified, Office of Community Care will call you and conduct a provider search based on the closest provider to your home address.
3. PCP initiates consult if justified as treatment for the veteran’s condition which include but are not limited to: Joint/Chronic Pain, Exercise/Weight Loss, Mental Health/Cognitive Function, Cancer Survivorship, Arthritis/Mobility, Physical Therapy, Cardiac/Pulmonary Health, Diabetes
4. Office of Community Care activates, processes and finalizes consult by:
- Confirming provider has been identified for veteran services
- Provides veteran’s packet to provider,
- Initial packet is without an appointment date
5. Tai Chi Provider and Veteran schedule appointments (online or in-person classes)
*Any Veteran who is eligible to receive care in the community network may be issued a consult from the VA to attend Tai Chi classes via Taijifit™️. Taijifit™️ is the sole network manager of Tai Chi classes via the Community Care Network.