About Taijiquan & Qigong
How can Qigong and Taiji classes benefit me?
Imagine experiencing these over the course of just one class...
• Deep, natural breathing
• Improved balance and postural control
• Relaxation and ease
• Improved core strength
• Movement that feels natural and integrated
• Reduced tension in the body and mind
• An integrated state of dynamic balance
• Feeling grounded and present
• Feelings of quiet meditative joy
• Improved concentration
• Increased agility, flexibility and range of motion
...Envision the wonderful effects of many classes!
Research and experience shows that Taiji and Qigong practice:
• Relieves tension and stress
• Regulates blood pressure
• Improves circulation
• Decreases insomnia and pain
• Benefits people suffering from stiffness and injuries
• Helps facilitate proper digestion
• Improves the functioning of the kidneys
• Lowers blood cortisol levels
• Supports pain management
• Repairs stress related injuries
• Helps prevent osteoporosis
These practices have also been found to be beneficial for management of variety of medical conditions, including asthma, arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, headaches, pain and other common ailments.
At MCT we invite you to share with us your wellness and health aspirations. That helps us to help you.
Learn more about Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) & Qigong (Chi Kung)
TAIJIQUAN (TAI CHI CHUAN)
The longer one practices and studies Taijiquan the more difficult it can become to answer the question “What is Taiji?” While beginning students develop a general understanding of the practice fairly early on, long-time practitioners have a deepening understanding and relationship with Taiji that can be quite dynamic and personal.
What follows here is meant to give you a general sense of Taijiquan. May this spark your curiosity and open the way to further study!
Taijiquan is a Chinese internal art